14th International Conference
“Georgia’s European Way”
On 13-14 July 2017, Batumi will host the 14th Annual International Conference – “Georgia's European Way – Ensuring Regional Stability”, which has been traditionally organised by the Office of the State Minister of Georgia on European and Euro-Atlantic Integration since 2007.
The Conference welcomes government officials and parliamentarians as well as business, civil society, academia and media representatives from the European Union (EU) and Eastern Partnership (EaP) countries.
The Conference has become an excellent platform for high-level officials to discuss geopolitical, security and economic development challenges in the EU and its neighbourhood, and the role of EaP countries in these processes.
This year, the Conference will draw particular attention to the main topics of the European Agenda, including Europe’s current security architecture and new forms of cooperation between the EU and its associated partner countries, emphasizing the role of Georgia in ensuring regional stability.
Considering Georgia’s accession to the Energy Community, the Conference will also focus on energy security and diversification of energy markets including energy market liberalisation process as well as implementation of the EU Third Energy Package and the Association Agreement.
The Conference will focus on the following areas:
• the EU Energy Security Strategy and the role of Georgia in the implementation of the strategy as a member of the Energy Community;
• the rise of right-wing populism and anti-western propaganda in the light of upcoming elections in the EU and importance of the strategic communications;
• European security challenges - migration, terrorism and the occupied territories in the neighborhood;
• the impact of the Deep and Comprehensive Free Trade Area (DCFTA) on investment and economic growth;
• and support to the development of small and medium size enterprises in the Eastern Partnership region.
Each year, the Batumi International Conference creates a forum for integration of ideas, policies and common interests aimed at deepening and enhancing existing relations between the EU and EaP countries.